My vision of Santiago.


Hello everyone!

Today I going to talk to you about my vision of Santiago.
I born here, but I live in Puente Alto, in a plot over a hill, so I really didn't know all places of the Center of Santiago, just some of them, like the Santa LucĂ­a Hill, San Cristobal Hill, La Moneda of the Alameda. The best known places. That until I started the University and I had to learn to orient myself in the city; so, until that moment Santiago was unknown for me.

I can compare Santiago with another capital like Buenos Aires, and other countries like New York or Washington D.C. because I was in there.
When I was in the United States I travel for many countries, all different. Something that I change would be the trash in the street, some places are too dirty, and smells so bad... and not to mention pollution! Always I leave the subway, my nose starts to itch because of the smog since I live in an area with many trees and I'm not used to it.

On the other hand, it has many good things. I prefer the climate here than the one in New York because there is soooo wet sometimes, and I can't take it.
When some abroad come to visit us, we (my family and I) like to show them Santiago, we feel proud of the beauty of our country. We always go to the cable cars and the hills, the Costanera Center or to the "Embalse el Yeso" in the mountain range.
Personally, I like the center of Santiago, specifically the old buildings. They have something that catches my atenttion everytime I see them, I find them structure very striking and beautiful.
Santiago has many places where you can find what do you need: clothes, gifts, food. If you can't find something where you live, you can probably find it in the "Mercado Central" or "Patronato".

So, yeah... I think Santiago has good things that make it unique, but a lot of things that have to change, but I still prefer it over all the others because is part of my home.


That's all, see you next week!!

Comments

Popular Posts